Non-magnetic chess sets are those that do not have magnets on the bottom of the pieces or on the board. These sets are used in the traditional way, where the pieces are placed on the board freely and are not magnetically attached.
Some characteristics of non-magnetic chess sets are:
- Free placement of the pieces: The pieces are not attached to the board and can be moved without restrictions.
- Use on Stable Surfaces: Non-magnetic sets are suitable for use on flat, stable surfaces, such as conventional tables or chessboards.
- Greater variety of materials: Non-magnetic sets can be made of various materials, such as wood, plastic, marble, metal, among others.
- Indoor use: They are ideal for playing indoors, in an environment where the pieces and the board will not be exposed to sudden movements.
- Classic and themed designs: You can find non-magnetic sets with classic designs, as well as themed sets with chess pieces inspired by characters, cultures, or movies.
Non-magnetic chess sets are a traditional and versatile option to enjoy the game of chess in stable environments and with a greater variety of materials and styles.